So, we’ve all been there. Well, we guys at least.
Waiting in some boring line, thinking of what to cook, er…um, prepare for dinner and then it hits you!
Man, what’s so-and-so up to these days?
So, quite naturally, you open up your speedial on your incredibly tech-savvy phone and voila! His name appears, you press, and Mr. Ear and Ms. Dialtone make out a bit in between a commercial break…
For a moment or two, your heart sinks. Hesitation finds her way to your throat.
So, if this has ever happened to you, you just may have experienced a slight tinge of a Bromance.
[broh-mans, broh-mans] noun
a relationship or friendship between two men that is extremely close but does not involve sex.
Here are five rules that will not only keep that bromance fresh and ready for that next football tailgate, but it will maintain the haters at a distance so that you can live and let live with your finely tuned bromance:
1. Never let your bromance become more than what it is. You need to ensure that simplicity necessitates simplicity. In other words, keep it simple all the time. All the time.
2. If applicable, learn to balance out the girlfriend time with the bromance time. Meaning, don’t call in sick with the girlfriend, then 1 hour later update your Facebook with you and yo’ boy painting the town red. Not a good deal.
3. If you find yourself getting mad from a non-returned phone call or text from your bromance, just chill. Everyone is entitled to flail around a bit, which usually ends up with a few ditzy moments of missed calls.
4. Now, here’s the tricky part. A bromance just may involve sleeping in the same bed, especially if there are no other suitable sleeping arrangements. You know…after a drunken night of debauchery and the such. The tricky part is really with the infamous divider. A pillow, another sheet, or anything that can separate you two from touching or any perceived touching will suffice and should be utilized.
5. And lastly, being the wingman is essential. No matter what happens, you have no choice but to be the wingman if requested. If he asks, respect the many layers of your friendship and step in the role to take one for the team. This is a huge step in the bromantic tree.
So, hang in there and if you haven’t learned anything from this post, know this:
What happens on a bromantic date, stays on the bromantic date.